Peachtree Special Risk Brokers and Brown & Brown Insurance seek Interns for our Atlanta offices. Gain experience in both wholesale and retail insurance.
The internship program provides students with a dynamic opportunity to work on challenging and meaningful material, the opportunity to apply education to real world experience, in a fast-paced environment and help you become familiar with our business and culture. Our goal is to identify candidates who possess the skills necessary to succeed and may eventually qualify for full-time opportunities within our organization. We are especially seeking future broker sales talent, but many candidates enter our industry through an administrative support role.
This is a paid position, with expectation of a 10 week 40 hour work week over summer. Our business office hours are Mon – Fri 8:00a to 5:00p.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking candidates who are interested in learning more about the insurance and risk management field in a brokerage sales and marketing capacity. Key competencies include:
- Business, Economic, and Marketing Majors
- Future Sales and Broker talent
- Sharp and proficient skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, as well as Outlook
- Academic Excellence – need at least a 3.0 or higher
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Ambition to succeed in this highly competitive industry
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our brokers, underwriters and account executives on:
- Administrative tasks
- Marketing Research
- Assisting & shadowing our production brokers, underwriters and account executives
- Special Projects – prior interns have used their initiative and business acumen to assist on:
creating quote proposals, designing marketing materials, spreadsheet analysis, follow up sales calls, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Currently enrolled in a college or university degree granting program and will be enrolled in the upcoming Fall Semester
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality